aganang1

The Aganang plant located between Lichtenburg and Mahikeng in the North West province is SepCem’s primary operation, which consists of a limestone open cast quarry and an integrated cement production plant that mines the limestone and processes it to clinker. Approximately 45% of the clinker produced is blended with other raw materials to produce the finished cement product in bag and bulk form. The remaining 55% of clinker is transferred to the Delmas plant for further processing into the different strengths of cement.

Electrical power was connected in December 2013, followed by cold commissioning in February 2014 and hot commissioning commenced in March 2014. Mining activities commenced at the limestone quarry in November 2013, with the preparation of the initial mining area, construction of the haul roads and the stockpiling of limestone. The plant commenced production in August 2014.

PHOTO GALLERY