SepCem was the first new entrant into the South African cement market since 1934 and comprises the following assets:
- Aganang integrated plant consisting of a limestone quarry, a clinker production as well as cement milling plant commenced production in August 2014;
- Delmas milling plant, which started production of cement in January 2014; and
- Sephaku Ash that acquires and removes waste ash from the coal-burning process at Kendal Power Station. The ash produced by this plant is currently being used as a cement extender at Delmas; and Limestone exploration, which focuses on developing the resource pipeline.
- Limestone exploration, which focuses on developing the resource pipeline.
SepCem is a cement producer with modern manufacturing technologies and acute marketing skills. SepCem’ s main business activity is the manufacture, marketing and distribution of high-quality cementitious products to a broad spectrum of cement users. The combined cement manufacturing capacity for Aganang and Delmas is 2,8 million tonnes per annum.
SepCem has established itself as a formidable competitor in the supply of cement through successfully penetrating all the major retailers, numerous second-tier distributors and several bulk cement users, particularly ready-mixed concrete manufacturers.
The remaining 64% of SepCem is held by Dangote Cement Plc. Dangote is Africa’s leading cement producer with three plants in Nigeria and plans to expand into 13 other African countries. Dangote is a fully integrated quarry-to-customer producer with production capacity of 29,25 million tonnes in Nigeria and new operations beginning to come on-stream across the rest of sub-Saharan Africa.
Dangote was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in October 2010.
Refer to www.dangcem.com.
Métier Mixed Concrete
Métier was acquired by SepHold on 28 February 2013 and is a supplier of ready-mixed concrete and related products. Métier is renowned as a specialist in the manufacture of technical high value concrete products that are customised to meet unique customer requirements.
Métier has a total of 15 plants with seven situated in the Gauteng province, seven in the KwaZulu-Natal province and a mobile plant. Its mission is providing innovative service, quality and reliability based on the following four pillars:
- IMPRESS customers by offering superior service and products;
- INSPIRE staff through a passion for concrete;
- SUPPORT suppliers to actively contribute to Métier’s success; and
- RESPECT shareholders by offering value for their investment.